View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
iflyjets4food
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB 170/175 F.O.

Under part 91, you can't log SIC in the B200 no matter how hard you try. There are some folks that will tell you if one of you is under the hood, blah blah blah. It is a single pilot airplane that doesn't seat more than 9 pax. There isn't even a civilian type rating for the airplane, so the PIC won't have a 'sic required' restriction. Under 135, you are required to get SIC training followed by an SIC checkride. Without said training and checkride, you are illegal to operate any control, including radios and flaps. If your company doesn't operate under the autopilot exemption, then they will have to have a SIC and should give you the training required. NOW, all that said, if you are part 91, and you are the sole manipulator of the controls, you can log PIC if you have a multi-engine rating, with the high perf, complex, and high alt endorsements. I guess there are even scenarios that would allow you to fly the airplane and log PIC in a 'training' exercise without the endorsements. You'll have to decide what to do. You can log whatever you want. The only time you can apply toward any certificate, rating, or currency in that airplane is as listed. Anyone else want to tell me stuff I missed?