View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 11:38 AM
FoxHunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by dckozak
One thing great about Browntail is how (everyday) he proves how little brains (it must take) to fly. If UPS wanted to it could be flying much of its inta Europe now, FedEx does. Is an open sky agreement going to change that?? nope. Between boasting about UPS's market position and financial strength, Browntail wines about how lousy UPS treats it pilots. Is that going to change?? Is open sky good for the pilots profession in general?? Are UPS's pilot wage and benefit's affected by the industry at large?? Maybe not, their UPS pilots) holding out for the "industry standard" pay and bennie's, just you wait, its coming any year now.
Look beyond the hub, bub. we are all affected by events off our own property. Nobody lives or works in a bubble, I don't care how many planes UPS buys for cash, they (UPS) will pay as little for your services and contract out as much as they can legally and contractually can .
Don, Browntail is right on this and it is great for FedEx pilots also. You must have noticed the A300B4 sitting on the ramp at CDG or STN. Would be nice if it was a A310-200 with a big FedEx on the side rather than AIR CONTRACTORS. It would be nice if those 727s up in Canada were flown by FedEx pilots rather than Morningstar. Would be nice to provide service from Berlin to Munich, or Delhi to Mumbai, or Beijing to Shanghai.

Originally Posted by dckozak
By the way, good luck with your negotiations
I know you are only expressing concern for the UPS pilots and I'm sure he wishes us the same.