Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by Lostboys97 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but last I saw RAH chose to pull from Frontier because they didn't want to lose money paying for fuel.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080423/law052.html?.v=101
Frontier Airlines Discontinues Agreement with Republic Airways
Wednesday April 23, 8:00 am ET

DENVER, April 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Frontier Airlines Holdings, Inc. today announced it has reached a mutual agreement with Republic Airways to early terminate the airlines' code sharing agreement. There will be a structured reduction and gradual phase-out of Republic's 12 aircraft from Frontier's daily operation to be completed by mid-June.

"We appreciate the great job Republic has done in helping us serve our customers," said Frontier President and CEO Sean Menke. "Republic, while operating under the Frontier brand, provided a safe, efficient and customer-friendly product that is hallmark to our Company. Unfortunately with current economic conditions and other business changes, we have been forced to drastically rethink the use of regional aircraft in our fleet mix."

"We have enjoyed our partnership with Frontier and have a lot of respect for their people," said Republic CEO Bryan Bedford. "It's unfortunate that despite their many efforts to reorganize their business outside of Chapter 11, factors beyond their control conspired to force a deeper reorganization. We wish them success in their continuing efforts to combat persistently high oil prices."

With 12 aircraft being removed from the fleet, Frontier also announced the following schedule changes designed to reallocate existing aircraft into markets with more potential for long term profitability: