View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
SR22
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by RedGuy View Post
My POI would disagree with you.

When I'm at home on call I am not on duty, I'm not working. It's your responsibility to stop flying if your fatigued! When I get somewhere at 3 am and I'm tired, I tell my company I'm tired and go to a hotel, and I've never been questioned.

BTW You posted the one interpretation, where's the other interpretations???
You know how it goes, some FSDOs/POIs enforce regs differently. If the FAA Regional Counsel for your area decided to violate you/the company though, they would have this opinion to rely upon. The FAA Chief Counsel's office is where the rest interpretations come from. They're a little higher up the food chain than a local POI.

When you are on-call you are not able to have a couple of beers, get too far away from base, etc. You must be fit and available to fly, though it sounds like your company is reasonable. How do you know when to sleep, though? Doesn't it suck getting up to go fly on 3 hours of sleep? BTW, it is also the company's responsibility not to assign you to a flight if you are fatigued.

You can use the link below to search for other interpretations. I only have the Word/PDF files. They all say the same thing, more or less.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...terpretations/