View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
coyote
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006

SR22, I have to disagree with your assertion that predictive rest would benefit pilots by creating more jobs and better QOL. The economics would simply decrease pay and opportunities, such as is happening with oil prices and increased fares in the scheduled passenger marketplace. Now with regulated markets and price control, I would agree with you and it looks like the next Presidential admin. might move in that direction, so perhaps your thinking is a bit progressive.

Furthur, you have cherry picked legal intrepretations and failed to get the entire legal picture and if you are really interested, I would suggest searching the 121 supplemental rullings.

Please understand I am not arguing from a safety standpoint or a social view as these are totally different conversations. But the legal precident is clear and the economic situation is well founded.

By the way, do you have a dog in this fight? If so, why not get another job? You mention in your first point "stop doing this stuff for these guys" What guys? I consider myself part of one company not divided by us and them and have been treated likewise. Just curious and thanks for the interesting post and conversation.