View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
RedGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Captain

Like coyote said you would not increase jobs, or QOL, you would probably put a large segment of the 135 business, out of business. It's called "unscheduled 135" for a reason. If you don't like it, go work for the regionals. Then see how well rested you feel after spending 9 hours in some dumpy hotel on a 4 day trip with them, but hey at least you'll know when you'll be tired. It seems to me that your more interested in increasing your QOL than you really are about safety, and just using safety for the argument.

Here's a little something to keep in your back pocket until the next time you are tired, are fed up with unexpectedly climbing out of bed at 0200 and shooting an approach to mins on 3 hours sleep, want to improve your overall QOL (stable schedule = you can make plans), want to help other guys improve their QOL, and want to help create more jobs (so we all have more opportunities, you included).

BTW Who's to say I'm not rested with 3 hours sleep? Or who's to say that someone who has 10 hours off will sleep during that 10 hours? I've said it before, you can't legislate good judgment. I may be well rested with just a few hours sleep while someone else may need 12hours of sleep to feel rested. Also you may still be crawling out of bed unexpectedly at 2am as while some pilots will do their 14 hours during the day, someone else will still have to cover the night shift.

Also this 2am call out you keep talking about is pretty rare where I work.

Last edited by RedGuy; 06-19-2008 at 11:12 AM.