View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:44 PM
NZNV
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: If its got wings I'll fly it

Some things to consider:

Right now upgrades are not going very fast, I think maybe 25 this year so far actual right to left seat upgrades and they are currently at about 1900/2800. I am sitting about 500 away and I am going to bid FO in another plane to be comfortable while I wait, probably three or four more years.

I joke about building time for the airlines, but I honestly can say I have not flown with anyone who is planing on leaving, unless its to retire. I come to work to recoup from all of the work I do at home. Compared to what I came from at the regionals this is very slow paced and relaxed, we have max 14hr duty days and min rest is 10 hours. This includes all duty even if airlines are delayed. I have had a flight home on an airline delayed past 14hrs and I asked to be sent to a hotel, no questions asked. A normal turn is 1 hour, of course if you are late a little hustle is good, but being late is not a normal thing. I was on the 18 day schedule and had just a little over 300 hours last year (other fleets usually average twice this though), should have logged recliner time, probably about 500 hours.

One thing people don't understand is that left and right seat is not much of a difference. This is not a regional where captains have to deal with 300 hour FOs. I am treated more as an equal and most of the differences are paper work and who has what jobs (FO takes care of cabin and cockpit, CA does outside, paperwork, and fuel). We even trade seats with some exceptions. People who are chasing an upgrade, good luck, think about chasing the company.

If you want to know more about working at NJA, check out the official site, http://www.netjets.com/NetJets_Pilot...ets_Pilots.asp the cities and other work rules are explained.

Good luck to all.