View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 02:43 PM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by stoki View Post
Hey Avi8torwannabe,

Thanks a lot for that info. I should be making the switch soon so hopefully it will work. I would imagine the same method would be used for other companies who dont have a work e-mail address. Thanks thanks
You're welcome. I got some more info, I went back to the AT&T store to double check on the airline, etc. discounts. The 2G iPhone (old phone) is NOT eligible for any discounts however the new 3G iPhone IS eligible for employee discounts.

We (UPS) get 20% off on all plans however the discount does not apply to the internet plan which is an additional $30 a month. At Verizon I think we had 25% off and it was on the whole plan so the discount is not as 'generous'. Had Verizon offered the iPhone I'd have stayed with them but I'll be switching to AT&T in mid July. Already pre-ordered two phones for my family...

As far as international phone calls goes, IF iPhone does not block the WiFi feature for Skype, the rumor has it that very soon Skype will become one of the new applications and if so, you'll be able to go to the nearest Starbucks anywhere in the world and call your folks at home for pennies or even free if you call them while they're on the computer...

The video below shows how to download Skype onto a 'cracked' or 'jail broken' phone (takes less than a minute or so to do, at least so I've heard... ). Supposedly iPhone will let Skype to become an approved application rendering "freeing" your phone unnecessary...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzHemlOK7E

Last edited by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE; 06-21-2008 at 02:59 PM.