View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:59 AM
08udaviator
Muy Importanté

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

This is one of the biggest scams in general aviation....

You can only log SIC time if...

- The airplane's certification requires an SIC. If the airplane is certified for either 1 or 2 pilot ops, you can always chose to operate with 2 pilots, which allows SIC logging.

- The operation is conducted under special FAA rules which require an SIC even though the airplane is certified for single pilot. Usually this is a 135 OPSPEC.

Company "policy" or insurance requirements for a second pilot DO NOT allow logging of SIC for FAA purposes...only a legit FAA requirement can turn a single-pilot airplane into a 2-pilot airplane.

If you can't log PIC, SIC, or dual recieved then you had better not log total time or anything else...most potential turbine employers will consider that to be falsifying your logbook.

If you really think you can do this, better get (and keep) a copy of the OPSPEC that requires it.
It is in the company OPSPEC that a two pilot crew that IS required for them. And I'm not logging SIC or PIC for that matter....just total time and ME(turbine when applicable)....because the company requires my presence in the cockpit