View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:26 PM
highnpressurizd
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by 08udaviator View Post
It is in the company OPSPEC that a two pilot crew that IS required for them. And I'm not logging SIC or PIC for that matter....just total time and ME(turbine when applicable)....because the company requires my presence in the cockpit
It doesn't matter what the "Company OPSPEC" says. The Operations Specifications is a manual required for any air carrier of more than one pilot and aircraft (121,135 for example). It specifically describes what said air carrier is and is not allowed to do. A part 91 flight department is not required to have an OPSPEC unless they also charter their aircraft (135). Your part 91 company manual can outline anything it wants, but is not bound by regulation, therefore, you can not legally log any time as a "company required sic." If you continue with this practice your going to get called out at an interview one day. It would really suck to put years and years of time and effort in to getting an interview for your dream job and then have them notice BS time in your log and send you packing.

It's funny that the one thing you seem so against, geting your CFI,II,MEI, could be your salvation. As long as the other pilot was willing to receive dual, you could log PIC dual given if you had your MEI. Though most wouldn't buy that you were giving dual in a turboprop at 300 hours. Better yet, if the PIC is a current MEI, ask him if he would be willing to give you dual. Again, you could then log it as PIC. That method would be much better on the assumption that you are in fact learning.

Folks here are just trying to keep you from getting burned. Your flight time should be self explanatory, if you find yourself having to explain it, your in trouble. Good Luck!