View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by JasonGerald View Post
Like anything to do with seniority the more you have the better your quality of life. Atlas has a growth plan and will be hiring for the next two years as quoted to me at the interview by the Chief Pilot. I can only assume that your quality of life will get better over time.

I spent 8 plus years at Comair averaging only 13 days off a month. One advantage I see with Atlas, for me, is to have those days off in a row. I would routinely have 6 days on then one day off and back on the road at Comair.

The other plus is you live at home and don't have to commute to a domicile to pick up a trip. I had a crash pad in NYC that took $3600 out of my pocket annually for my previous job. Everything is a trade off.
Yep, all those reasons are why I want that job also. I've got 8 years in regionals and was around when you guys stood up and showed some sack at COMAIR.

And yep, I did a 22 month stint in New York also. I was lucky that my crashpad wasn't that pricey. That DelCon ramp at JFK was a disaster when I flew in there as late as 2004, haven't been back since. I hear it's WORSE now.

Last edited by dojetdriver; 07-06-2008 at 12:15 PM.