Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Blueskies21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by HercDriver130 View Post
then start flogging guppy.......had a UAL jumpseater tell my CA AFTER we were airborne "whew.... glad that shuttle fo didnt see me get the jumpseat......".... it was a 23 minute turn in ORF... NO way we could check the gate area.....the CA went ballistic... the JSer bowed up and insinuated that the planes said UNITED Express...not shuttle america on them... and he would take the JS when ever he had to over anybody.....NOW that said... Im sure that douche is an exception.... but the result was probably a shuttle pilot who didnt make his commute because of some selfish sob.

Personally I think the answer is for ALL UAX and UAL pilots to man up and work it out at the gate ....... problem is some guys are just selfish b astards. Putting the CA in the position of having to check when a JSr presents himself.... and there in lie the rub... MANY times the gate wont send a JSr down until the very last minute.... ie.... CAs not running to the gate to check....

This to will work itself out..... my only real complaint is the substandard regard UAX pilots get... in that if UAL guys were the brunt of this U can bet they would raise the dead to make UAL do something... but who said life was fair....
I agree completely. The reason why you need the computer to be right is like it or not, there will always be THAT GUY. Yea if everybody could be counted on to be a stand up guy then yea, no issue. The problem is, for example, United guys have been thru alot bankruptcy, loss of pension and prestige so there's gonna be the guy that is like "you know what that 23 yr old express FO can't deserve to be on the jumpseat more than me, I've suffered" and maybe he thinks he has a point but that's not the way it should be. If you think that you can just count on mainline guys to be standup 100% of the time then let me know how the easter bunny and santa are doin...