Thread: JAA conversion
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
PolishPilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

as bad as it seems, i think it's worth going through the process of the 14 exams and some extra flying. It opens a completely new market of jobs, which in some countries put you behind some heavy aircraft, even if you dont have thousands of hours. Especially now, since every regional in US is furloughing, anyone who is willing to put some time and effort in converting the license can do it.
You can also do the conversion in the US. School in naples in FL does it, and they have the home study course as well. Work as a CFI, or a FO at a regional (if you still have the opportunity to do so) and study for the exams during off hours. This would probably take the longest but at least you stay in US and have a job and still manage to do the 14 written exams, which seem to be the toughest part of the conversion process. After the exams, find a proper school in Europe to do little bit of flying and convert IR and CPL.
To me it seems to be the easiest way of converting without spending too much time in Europe without a job.
Hopefully I'll be able to get through this process quickly. Good luck.