View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:01 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
I've been done both. In fact I'd never flown part 121 before getting hired as an airline pilot. I was flying Merlin III's part 91 for an oil company when I got my first heavy jet airline job.
There are plenty of ex airline guys flying for corporations and their are plenty of ex corporate guys flying for airlines.
Heck for the first 4 years I was flying for the airlines I was doing corporate contract flying on the side.
Most of the myths you hear about corporations won't hire guys with airline experience and visa versa are just that, a myth. Companies in most cases hire the pilot not the background.
Yes. I have seen Part 91/135 guys hired at a legacy carrier, DAL, and I've seen Part 121 guys hired at Part 91 and 135 operations. Of course, I've seen Part 91 gigs up close where the person in charge of hiring made it clear no Part 121 pilots but I wouldn't say thats a fair indication that a majority of Part 91 operators act that way.

I agree with Airhoss it has to do with the pilot themselves. As to the main question, yes legacy carriers will hire GA pilots.