View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 11:06 PM
wayne_krr
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: boeing lhs

Tim,

I apologise sincerely for the hit and run nature of my postings. The problem I have with your postings is not that they are positive or balanced but that you actively 'sell' the company. You have appointed yourself as the oracle of all things EK North America.

I believe that Emirates inc (Dubai et al) has many pluses but also many negatives. What doesn't? My concern is that when you hit serious problems in Dubai they are fundamentally life changing and that if you are going to sell the company you have to sell the lot. Particularly as you take great pains to state that all things you state are fair and balanced.

All your points about legitimate gripes are true. The ability to steal someones pension indicates real problems with the nature of workplace responsibility in your country. Even though this is the case the US does have fundamental protections not allowed in the UAE. It can be a very dangerous place if you fall foul of the authorities in any of the many spheres of life.

Your responsibility as a salesman to your countrymen, a sort of duty of care, must be to provide an account of all aspects of life. That's why I was interested in how you dealt with Spike who had five kids but still turned up for interview in Dubai. There is no way he could have made it stick and lucky for him he didn't get a job.

See you at work.