Old 08-10-2008, 01:25 PM
ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Not sure but, it is unlikely a major war would develop involving the US or allies. I think the US and the rest of the world would and should bend to Russians. They are a veto power at the UN. Probably best not anger them too much. Also, its not like there invading France of Germany. Technically they really invaded South Ossetia which really isn't part of Georgia. Its kinda of a defacto gov not even internationally recognized. The media other gov's make it out to be an invasion of Georgia Most of the South Ossetians are actually pro russia. In fact this whole thing orginated because of a conflict between russians peace keepers and georgia military in the area. Who knows who fired first. If I were a bettin' man I'd say a cease might be in place by the end of the week. Really tough to say how it would affect oil, and the stock market. When the news broke on Fri Fox News made it out to be the begining of WWIII. There were 2 major oil pipelines distrupted and yet the DOW jumped 302 points and oil fell to 115 a barrel. Kinda crazy but unless Georgia decides to go all out and launch a full scale military invasion to topple Russia I'd say it should be okay.