SaltyDog
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2005
  • Position
    Leftof longitudinal
Flybynuts,
You have the opportunity to refine career goals. Great opportunity (dilemma <g>). I think you should consider past performance, management models, and future outlook.
I think with only a year at CO, you should go SWA.
My background was one with a flow through number at CO while at COEX.
I chose to leave because long term goal was profitability and career stability.
Most of us learn to find our niche in whatever airline we end up and are happy overall despite our obligation to bellyache.
CO is a great group of people, enjoyed the flying and possibilities. But the nagging thing was that CO has the same historical trends and characteristics of turmoil as all legacies.
Three that were different:SWA/FEDEX/UPS. Different management styles regarding employees, but all shared profitability, well compensated pilots, and predictability in the market. All had management teams that were invested long term in their particular company and not golden parachute chasers.
Not saying CO is that way now, but not always true nor will it remain.
I ended up going UPS but pursued all three. It was difficult when the actual choice popped up because at the time, alot of promise at CO of which I could be a part. Lived in domicile, enjoyed the flying. Nonetheless, I broke through the inertia and went to a cargo job before it was popular. <g>
No regrets, still stay in touch with friends at CO. Glad I went when the opportunity availed itself though.