Thread: College Degree
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Pilotpip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

Quit waterskiing and go to college. I wouldn't trade my four years in school for anything. Yeah, you're probably going to get furloughed from there. Why waste time competing with lots of 25 year-olds with the same experience but a little piece of paper in their pocket? Simple, it shows commitment and maturity. 95% of us have a degree. Hours don't mean squat after a certain point.

I'm sure you're mature enough to operate a plane, and if you survived the hell that is ground school at TSA I'd get on an aircraft you're up in front of, but others may not percieve that maturity. A 4 year degree will help show this maturity (percieved or actual). Remember, you only have a one-page resume that some HR person will spend all of 30 seconds glossing over. Make yourself stand out and better yet, give yourself something to fall back on that doesn't involve airplanes. You may need that some day. Right now, I'm glad I have it because I'm gonna need it come September 9.

Talk to some of your captains about it. You're 20 years old and you haven't lived yet. Rather than slaving for Hulas, go to school, get some experience and enjoy the social aspect because I KNOW you're not getting that at TSA.