View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

I think MD11Fr8dog is correct.

The construction of bid lines does not allow for a lone R-day on reserve lines, per the CBA.

CBA 25.D.3.c In the top 60% of reserve lines, R-days shall be grouped into a block(s) with a minimum of 4 R-days. Other reserve lines shall have block(s) with a minimum of 3 R-days; provided, however, that reserve lines that contain blocks of 3 R-days shall not contain any R-days on weekends.

VTO's built as reserve lines must be built under the same provisions.

CBA 25.D.2.e Secondary lines shall be constructed to comply with the provisions of Section 25.D.1.b. through D.1.e. (above), provided, however, that a secondary line constructed as a reserve line shall comply with the provisions of Section 25.D.3. (below).

Reserve/Recurrent training conflicts can leave a single R-day. As, long as it is the only day remaining from the original block of R-days in conflict. In other words, as long as you don't split the block of R-days up with training, you will keep the unconflicted r-day(s).

CBA 4.l.a.ii.(a) If the pilot's recurrent training conflicts with a block of R-days but does not split that block (i.e., it does not leave an R-day(s) both before and after the recurrent training), then only the R- days in conflict with recurrent training shall be dropped as a phase-in conflict and the pilot shall remain responsible for the remaining R-days.

CBA 4.l.a.ii.(b) If the pilot's recurrent training splits a block of R-days, then the entire block shall be dropped as a phase-in conflict and the pilot shall not be responsible for any of the R-days in that block.

Now, a VTO line with trips and R-days? That's a good question. I can't find anything that would preclude scheduling from adding a single R-Day to bring the VTO line up to BLG.