Hawaii50
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2008
  • Position
    757 Left
Quote: Hawaii,

I've agreed with most of your posts over time........but not this one!

Premerger, NWA discussed DC-9 replacements, what (not if) to replace the freighters with and 787s were going to change the way buisness was done in the Pacific. We could have grown, and without the oil spike and merger we may have grown alot.

Now, post merger, that growth seems pointed to your side. You are the carrier keeping the name and the paint job, but don't for a minute think you "saved" a dying carrier.

OK, rant over..........friends again?

Ferd
No problem. I never thought we were saving a dying carrier. You guys would have done fine without the merger as would we have. There's really no right or wrong answer here except that you should be in relatively the same circumstances as you are now when all is said and done, in my opinion. If you the max you can hold now is 767 Capt you shouldn't expect to be a 747 Capt after the SLI. If your seniority holds DC-9 Capt now you shouldn't expect to be a 767 Capt post-merger. Of course opinions are like you know what on this. Everyone has one, but in the end the only ones that matter at this point are the negotiators and three arbitrators.