View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 04:42 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I've wondered the same thing.........Instead of sending a bunch of ding-bat pilots that have no idea or training in negotiations in there, why don't we use our dues, hire a pit-bull, executive-eating, hard charging Attorney to go in there and kick some @$$

What we do is like asking a flight attendant to come land the plane because there's low visibility and a nasty crosswind.
Pelican, You need to talk to your reps about how negotiations work. I suspect you have hired and retained some of the best labor attornies around. Negotiations don't involve pounding fists on tables. A proposal is put in writing and brought to the table. It is exchanged and the teams leave. The other side reviews it and may come back to the table for some verbal clarification if needed. Then the attornies go at it behind the scenes. A counter is produced and delivered by the negotiating team. The process repeats. I would guess you have at least 5 expert labor attornies working with your negotiating committee. I know my airline always does.