Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Careercfi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by On Autopilot View Post
O.K. Lori, here's a scenario, I have seen happen at a well known large regional.
I have seen both guys and gals get sent home after going through ground school etc. because they ran across a sim instructor whose personality was horrific. Even when these kids complained, the instructor was not removed and tried to fail them out of sim training. Most just simply resigned, others were asked to leave. I know of one guy from Alaska that was sent home after 3 sessions when he complained about the unprofessional conduct of his sim instructor. When a potential F.O. walks thru your door, and they tell you this story, how is that percieved and what would be the best way to explain that?

This is a sad but true fact of the industry, but for those who have had this experience, what is your recomendation?
Very good buddy of mine was chased from his right seat during simulator line checks. The guy was line ready, flew line, had a 6 month Sim session cycle, encountered a terrible SIM Instructor, failed & scheduled for a redo.
Same SIM instructor... failed again. One line check with a Captain was failed after that before the pilot was taken off line.
Placed into training, complained about the 2 check rides failed with the same SIM Ins. and was subsequently fired. Sometimes Airlines apparently "over hire" and they have to shed one or two ducks. This was the way of doing it. The problem is that my buddy had a contract with them for T/R reimbursement, which could only be settled in court. Otherwise he would have sat on 30K+ T/R costs, no job and no references. From the SIM ride to his discharge was maybe 1.5 weeks. Why would an airline dump a SIM instructor that does them a favor when all thats on the line is a FO?