View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So, is a pilot who goes beyond 25 years of service, greedy? Is the pilot who only has 16 years of service with FedEx, but already has a full retirement from the military, greedy? We're all aware of the law, I was just wondering where your threshold was, since you opined with your two cents worth.
Underdog, my questions to you are:

1. Is the guy who made a fortune in the stock market, but continues to fly for FedEx greedy?

2. Is the guy who married into a ton of $$$, but still wants to fly greedy?

3. Is the guy who is part owner in a business that is doing very nicely but again, wants to keep flying for FedEx greedy?

4. Is the guy whose parents are very wealthy, and who is an only child, but still wants to "work" greedy?

5. How about the guy that had a whole different career before FedEx, be it either civilian or military, but will only have 10 years when he reaches 60, but still wants to garner as much as he's entitled to, by law, be considered greedy for continuing to fly until he's 65?

Personally I feel that in each of the above scenarios, these guys are doing what is right for them, within the confines of the current system, and whatever you or I may think of them is irrelavant. They are exercising their legal right to work, and as much as I'm sure it pains you, they should not have to suffer your verbal abuse or questioning mind.

So my final question to you is where is your threshold for someone continuing to work, given any of the above situations? And would that threshold be somewhat higher if they happened to work at a different company and their mere presence didn't effect your progression?