View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Skygirl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by HSLD
No mention of the Sr. VP of Flight Operations "retiring" in the wake of the hundreds of cancellations due to lack of flight crews. Good News indeed.

I'm flying 4 segments on United this week and fortunately the first 2 went well. SFO and ORD looked like a zoo on Saturday, but I had awesome experiences with United crews. Had an early flight from SFO to ORD, so I stayed at a hotel near SFO on Friday night, and ducked into the bar for a nightcap and had some friendly conversation with some United crews. The next morning I was on the shuttle with a bunch of UAL crew and one of the flight attendants grabbed my hand and said, "Come with me, you don't want to wait in that security line" and she told the TSA that I was traveling with her. She was cool! I was booked in business class on the triple 7 but they bumped me up to First and I was treated very well, and last but not least. I got on the plane and asked the FA if I could peep into the cockpit of the 777 and she smiled and said, "you'll have to ask the captain"...I meekly made my way from the first class cabin up the little hall and poked my head in and asked, "Excuse me, do you mind if I have a peep of your office?" Capt Ken and FO Wayne, couldn't have been nicer. I didn't stick around long though because they were doing their check list thing and I didn't want to be a pain in the butt.... United crews rock!...and that's all I have to say about that!

Now, those DODO's in Highland Park, I don't have anything nice to say about them. I just hope they appreciate what a nice bunch of people they have working for them, and that they have remained nice, even after they screwed them.

I've a 3 hour layover in Denver on Wednesday before I head back to SFO. I hope that there is sufficient crew for flights that day! Maybe I should write a letter addressed to the executive suite in Highland Park and circulate it and have every travel agent I know sign it? Think it would help the cause?..