250 or point 65
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Default i signed up because this thread was making me sick

new here, but....

Here is the ultimate post of what AirWillie and BURflyer refuse to listen to:

Arguements for going to GoJet:

GoJet is the same as Republic/Shuttle

No, they are not the same at all. CHQ, Republic and Shuttle are one seniority list. The holding company cannot say to one pilot group, "fine, if you don't want to take a pay cut, we'll give the flying to another division."

TSA pilots had a chance at that flying and did not want to fly it

Now, why in the world would a pilot group pass on more flying? More flying is good for the company and for the industry, right?
Here's the key: flying bigger jets for the same pay is NOT good for the pilot group. That is why TSA passed on the flying.

GoJet is union now

Yes, but not a pilot's union. (Yes, I know, ALPA has its problem's too)

GoJet's contract is on par with the rest of the industry

Yes, the pay is comparable....

...to contracts negotiated after a major aviation catastrophe.

Those of us in contract negotiations are not going to settle for that pay, but GoJet did, AND with some of the worst work rules in the industry.

I'm not taking anyone elses job

Yes, you are. Indirectly, you are part of the problem of the race to the bottom.

I'm not hurting TSA pilots

No, you're not just hurting TSA pilots, you're hurting all pilots including yourself! What leg does any other pilot group have to stand on in negotiations if management knows that there are GoJetter's etc willing to work for less?

I'm just using GoJet to move get my hours and move on

It's strange, that's what I'm doing too at TSA. That's what my buddy is doing at Compass, and another friend at Eagle (OK, maybe not him). YOU are not using GoJet...

...GoJet is using you.

Even if you do get your hours and get out, it is on the backs of everyone else who wasn't willing to fly for nothing.

and my pet peeve...I have to feed my family

No, because if you really had to feed your family, you wouldn't be able to do it at this pay. You'd be working at QuikTrip for $42,500 a year, waiting out your furlough. There really is money outside aviation...and a lot of it doesn't even require a college degree...but you didn't need that to go to GoJet anyway!

Besides these, there are many more things that GoJetters will say to justify going there, but here is the bottom line, unless you live under a rock:

It is impossible to turn in an application to GoJet without it coming across your mind just once....screw everyone else.

It may come across your mind in a different fashion, like "I don't care what they think of me," but the meaning is the same.

It absolutely makes me sick.