Thread: GoJet question
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
BURflyer
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by 250 or point 65 View Post
No, they are not the same at all. CHQ, Republic and Shuttle are one seniority list. The holding company cannot say to one pilot group, "fine, if you don't want to take a pay cut, we'll give the flying to another division."

republic is an alter ego. The difference is that the pilots said yes to ****ty pay for big shiny airplanes

\
Now, why in the world would a pilot group pass on more flying? More flying is good for the company and for the industry, right?
Here's the key: flying bigger jets for the same pay is NOT good for the pilot group. That is why TSA passed on the flying.

Let me gues, you're 26 year hold who thinks he's got it all figured out right? Talk to the guys that have been in the business for 30/40 years, they'll tell you that fighting with management doesn't get anywhere, they will always get their way. And especially at a regional where pilots are not only on the bottom of the unions priority but also with no leverage.

Yes, but not a pilot's union. (Yes, I know, ALPA has its problem's too)
What? Who cares? It keeps the company from screwing with you.

Yes, the pay is comparable....
...to contracts negotiated after a major aviation catastrophe.
Those of us in contract negotiations are not going to settle for that pay, but GoJet did, AND with some of the worst work rules in the industry.

This is a typical BS argument wich doesn't mean anything, not anything special. Talk to the rest of the regionals who have been here for decades, remember GJ came after them. And if I can remind you that GJ has all the basics that are needed in a regional contract. And I really love how you guys get your jollies off by saying the WORST work rules in the industry, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Yes, you are. Indirectly, you are part of the problem of the race to the bottom.

That's very comical. What about the rest of the regionals? Howbout places like colgan that fly 75 seaters for 50 seat pay? How about skywest wich is almost doing half of UAs flying. CRJ9s for 22 per hour. I'm sorry but if you're a regional pilot you have no say in the race to the bottom argument, you're flying mainline flying

No, you're not just hurting TSA pilots, you're hurting all pilots including yourself! What leg does any other pilot group have to stand on in negotiations if management knows that there are GoJetter's etc willing to work for less?

Uh dude, we make more than TSA and get 10-18 days off per month. I'm not sure how that's hurting others.

...GoJet is using you.
Even if you do get your hours and get out, it is on the backs of everyone else who wasn't willing to fly for nothing.

I can't really argue this one because I have no idea what you're trying to say

No, because if you really had to feed your family, you wouldn't be able to do it at this pay. You'd be working at QuikTrip for $42,500 a year, waiting out your furlough. There really is money outside aviation...and a lot of it doesn't even require a college degree...but you didn't need that to go to GoJet anyway!

again hopefully you're not some 20 year old that still relys on your parents financially giving out advice on how people should live their lives, but times like these where no one is hiring, you really need to be in someone elses shoes, untill then you're in no position to judge. My deal is that I've applied everywhere else, during my time off I found that finding a job is not as easy as it seems. In all honesty I would have gotten a min wage job but they told us that it was going to be at least a year before we might be called back. And the fact is that you're a pilot, that's your skill. It would be very hard for a doctor to go become a miner, yes it might pay and put food on the table but it doesn't mean that you'll do it, do you see where I'm going?

Besides these, there are many more things that GoJetters will say to justify going there, but here is the bottom line, unless you live under a rock: It may come across your mind in a different fashion, like "I don't care what they think of me," but the meaning is the same.

The bottom line is that GJ will double by next year. Noone cares about this TSA deal especially once they find out what happened. The only people that care or who think they care are the 20 something year olds who have no idea how airlines work that by fighting with management, they will eventually turn their airline into Southwest. No one has to justify anything, guys are coming over here, it's a real nice place to be. By next year I'll still be short about 1000 hour for upgrade but I'll be in the top third FO list with 15-18 days off. They just told us 15-20 new hires per month until at least next spring.

Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by BURflyer; 08-26-2008 at 03:49 PM.