View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 AM
B757200ER
AAmerican Way for AA Pay

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B-737 Pilot
Default EK That bad?

Typhoon, Drifter and BusCanuck...

I've been very interested reading your posts. I wanted to add my story, see if you had any comment.

I went to an Air,Inc Job Fair in LA last March, met both Brian Murray and a lady from Flight Crew Recruitment (an Ozzie, I think). They made a very good presentation, were very cordial, and had probably the best airline booth at the fair. I spoke with both of them, both over coffee and later at their booth, and they gave me the big sell on EK. I was intrigued, and everything sounded really good. I was impressed overall with the operation, and if I was single, I would probably seriously look into EK and DXB. But, I'm married with 2 kids to a Southern California valley girl, and I'm stuck here. My wife flipped when I even mentioned DXB, so EK was out. Murray even told me as much, when I described my wife, but I was strongly encouraged to come to DXB and interview. I decided after my wife's strong opposition not to bother, as it would be a waste of EK's time and mine. But, in talking with Murray, I never got the impression that he was misrepresenting either EK or DXB. He appeared to be rather straightforward, and genuinely wanted to recruit good pilots for EK. I think his experience at US was so bad, he was excited about turning over a new leaf at EK, and his rose-colored glasses are normal for guys who have been thru what many 'legacy' pilots in the US have been thru.

Is that a fair assumption?

Anyway, good thread; let me know your thoughts.

And Bus Canuck---are you ****ed the 'Canes won the Cup?