View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:59 PM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by Pilot41
I'm new here but from what I see Skywest seems to be the best regional to work for when considering stability, pay, schedule, bases, upgrades, pilot treatment, etc.

Horizon seems to be running number 2...
Am I close?
Welcome to the boards. One thing you will learn is that what one pilot considers to be the best is not what another pilot would consider to be the best. Example: You may consider Horizon to be the best regional because their 1st year FO pay and benefits is better than anyone else. But compare 6 year FO pay at Horizon with 6 year CA pay at Chitauqua or ExpressJet. Now who got the better deal? If your ultimate career goal is the regionals then yes, Horizon and Skywest could be considered the best. But if you just want to do your time in the regional world and get out ASAP then there are better choices. The key is to determine what is important to YOU personally with regard to quality of life, pay and benefits and upgrade time and then find the company that fits YOU. Just remember, in aviation opinions are like *********s - every pilot has one and most of them stink.