View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 AM
fdx727pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Cap

Originally Posted by MD11Fr8Dog
Actually,

The last guy hired prior to the purple nuggests (I hate that name) had already completed his training in the back of the B727 prior to being awarded MD-11 ANC FO on the MOB (junior ANC FO on the MOB w/ a 7/9/07 class date). The real issue for him, is that there will be no one junior to him on the 727 for awhile, so bidding his monthly sked with his relative seniority and no REAL increase in pay with passover pay until Jan/Feb is gonna suck.
Well, I agree. Being on the bottom always sucks, no matter what seat you're in, especially when the hiring stops for a while. Your example SO gets a slight increase in pay as soon as a nugget checks out. He'll get passover of $53 an hour once he's off probation (about 6 months worth.) And since we will still have 90 or so Boeings and will have to hire SOs to replace all the guys going to right seats, he'll probably be bidding 50% by the time he goes to training.

Actually, I'm not sure we're arguing, just throwing facts back and forth. The company has offered SFS FO slots to new-hires before (as far back as 98, to my personal knowledge,) and no one got too upset about that. There are even two of those in the nugget group. The only way a 72 SO really loses out, is if he didn't bid up on the MOB. But that's the nature of the game. Bid up for money or stay where you are for seat seniority and QOL.