View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:31 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Attacks

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
You know TonyM - there is a lot of bad feelings in your post above. Even saying hat you can't get a job mainline without having a relative in the business. Even you had a 'in' and a 'mentor' in the story above. You talk about being "attacked" above, yet you are the one doing the attacking. It is OK with me and 99% of the people on this forum that you decided to get out of the aviation field and I (and I would assume most people) say good luck to you. It is you who comes on this forum and attcks the industry and anyone who decides to make professional aviation their career.

USMCFLYR
I do not think that he is attacking the individual who decides to become a pilot. He and I are attacking the concept that it is a good idea when compared to other choices that demand a similar price of entry. Some might think it is worthwhile anyway and to them I take a bow. I mean someone has to do it right? However to suggest that it is compatible to other professions is where I take opposition.

Just like guys like you and DE727UPS like to flag wave in favor of an aviation career guys like Tony and I are here to present the opposite view.

Skyhigh