View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

I don't think anybody would have a problem with someone leaving the aviation career and starting over in another career as did you. As much as we hear complaints about having to start at the bottom, that's exactly what you did, and you should be commended for the hard work and determination.

However, ...
Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post

... the prospects of moving on to a Legacy carrier(which for me was ZILCH since I wasn't related to anyone at any legacy).

is inconsistent with ...

if I ever want to, I can go right back to an airline job,

You didn't hold a place in line, did you?

You story is heartwarming and encouraging -- it's always great when a guy finds something that makes him happy.

But here is where you steer wrong:

Some people don't want to face the reality that what they are doing right now, wont support a family.

You see, the thing is, what I'm doing right now does support a family, and a large one at that, quite nicely. That's reality.

But, you protest, what about the guy in the right seat of the RJ that can't look forward to upgrade for a long time? Sure -- and what about the med student pushing dead bodies around the morgue and sleeping in the hospital? Could he support a family like that? Should he have quit then?

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent fokes -- brag about your good fortune all day long. But don't tell me that just because you chose a different path, that the path we've chosen won't work. I can show you too many examples that it will.