View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 03:44 PM
TonyMontana
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: S2c Backseat

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
You know TonyM - there is a lot of bad feelings in your post above. Even saying hat you can't get a job mainline without having a relative in the business. Even you had a 'in' and a 'mentor' in the story above. You talk about being "attacked" above, yet you are the one doing the attacking. It is OK with me and 99% of the people on this forum that you decided to get out of the aviation field and I (and I would assume most people) say good luck to you. It is you who comes on this forum and attcks the industry and anyone who decides to make professional aviation their career.

USMCFLYR

First and foremost-thank you for your service to our country.

But like you say in a later post, you don't have a job in this industry-get yourself one and then you'll gain a clearer understanding.

I attack no one here-these are my experiences and my perspectives. No one lived them but me. I have made new friends here, and have helped numerous pilots looking for an alternative life for self and family, isn't that the "basis" of this whole forum?

As far as attacking the industry-pilots are under assault everyday-and not by me. It's the old supply and demand theory-ex.

a) Life on the "demand" side is GREAT.

b) Life on the supply side-anything but great.

As an Airline Pilot-you'll never launch on a marginal destination without an alternate. My position is that you would be wise to have an alternate source of income if you intend to "launch" an aviation career today. I believe Ca. Barry Schiff said something along these lines too.

Last edited by TonyMontana; 09-16-2008 at 03:53 PM.