View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 AM
C152driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Bug Smasher Captain, CFI
Default DayJets...

rickair,

I just took a look at the DayJets website, and it seems that they are targeting themselves pretty heavily at the business traveller. Here is something that I clipped from their FAQ page:

"DayJet has not yet announced pricing for its "Per-Seat, On-Demand" services. However, due to the breakthroughs in aircraft and computing technologies offering greater operational efficiencies and economies of scale, our "Per-Seat, On-Demand" services will be priced at a modest premium to full-fare coach airfare. For about the same cost as an overnight trip (including airfare, hotel, and per diem), you will reap all the benefits of corporate jet travel for a fraction of the price."
http://www.dayjet.com/Company/FAQs.aspx

And also:

"DayJet travel is a productivity tool geared toward the people doing the work, not just those leading the organization. Designed as a "no-frills" utilitarian service to drive productivity gains for mid-level managers in mission-critical positions, "Per-Seat,
On-Demand" jet services are ideal for:

Regional sales forces that need to visit customers at quarter’s end.

Field technicians who must quickly service their customers’ equipment.

Attorneys that must regularly give depositions at county or state courthouses.

Real estate developers that must survey property in rural locations.

Business development managers who visit regional franchise stores every month.

Small consulting firms that need to respond to last-minute client requests.

With DayJet, more timely and efficient business travel is just on the horizon. Isn’t it about time?

Learn more about DayJet and "Per-Seat, On-Demand" jet services by visiting our Resource Library"
http://www.dayjet.com/Resources/Busi...s/Default.aspx

I think you are right, they are definitely targeting business travellers, but they are pitching convenience instead of service or luxury. That may be a tough sell, IMO. The passengers will still have to show up at their "hub" airports to start their trip. They are touting their advanced, computerized scheduling program as the solution that will make all of this hang together and make money.

It seems to me that some of these customers are currently using the "regional" airlines for some of this type of travel.