Gets Weekends Off
pagey
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2008
  • Position
    Left
I had my interview there on tuesday. The written was 100 q's. FOI AIM Wx and IFR(25 q's each subject). The questions were directly from the FAA written, nothing with figures, and no calculations....very straight forward. I didn't know there was an IFR portion and still got a 90. After that I met(very briefly) with Diane, I believe she is asst chief. Then IFR flight in seminole FRASCA with the same person. T/O from Vero, vectors to full ILS with NDB intercepting and tracking at St. Lucie(I used the localizer to substitute for the NDB and was told it was fine) land at St. Lucie. T/O direct to vero VOR, as soon as i identified, and intercepted the VOR I was fast-forwarded a bit and given holding instructions. Made direct entry and flew two laps in the hold then shot the approach. Diane was very laid back and even gave me a few pointers during the flight. All they were looking for was basic IFR skills and scanning. Actually flying the sim was secondary. I am not a CFII and although I am legally IFR current, am not very proficient. I didn't do all that well on the sim portion and was still offered the job.

As far as the other stuff goes, I know they have on-campus housing which is cheap. Theres info about cost I think on the website. Cost to rent around the area seems like anywhere from 350ish a month up to 600ish assuming you are living with someone else. If not then a little more expensive. Starting pay is 16 for both flight and ground. Not sure how busy you are. I couldn't ask all the questions I wanted because I was kind of scrambling to make my flight home.

p.s. I'm moving down later next week and have nowhere to live! Anyone has a place and needs a roomy send me a PM!