Old 09-27-2008, 04:41 PM
757upspilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by SaltyDog View Post
Since UPS was threadjacking their thread thought it appropriate to divert to our own thread <g>

757upspilot stated
"I have no objection to FO pay going UP, I have objection to the change from 12 to 15 years to obtain max pay and the fact that max pay failed( with the concessions on health care costs, etc) to even pace inflation.
Someday the pilots that got the pay bump are going to figure out how much damage they did to themselves.

Find Lebo and have him explain it to you"

We agree on F/O pay, we agree on the 12-15 year migration, we agree on max pay failing to pace inflation, Lebo helped present this current CBA, and don't need the explanation from GL. I understand the frustration. However, our demographics include a lot of folks at the very junior end of the seniority that are flying widebody intl. They deserved more and we brought it up in this CBA. Next CBA we can crank up everyones now that we have a good base.
You have got to be kidding.

Four people show up for a union meeting
We don't get enough votes to ammend our bylaws yea or nay
We have over 25% of our group who aren't even set up to vote.
We have pilots making up school yard names for our seniorpilots like a bunch of little kids on a play ground.
After two years we have so little unity the company routinely ignores the contract and won't even show up at mediation with the materials the government has requested, why because they know the union has no backing.

We gave up Capt IRO's , I am sure that the FO in this seat is real happy with his higher FO pay
We reduced the vacations in the summer, I am sure the junior Captain and FO are real happy not even getting to bid a summer vacation
We didn't implement meaningful Caps on line builds or open time, How many Captains seats we gave up on this one, well you figure it out
We gave away Captains seats in all of these areas lots of FO's at higher pay that would have had the opportunity to be Captains, one of these days they will figure it out.

We are going to lose and lose big on the next contract. Unity my ass, I watched the a great organization disintegrate, largely due to the junior pilots, and EB that couldn't learn to play together.

You should talk to Lebo because in one of the presentations he stated clearly that going for pay in the middle was an error and that the numbers for career earnings the top pay scale needed to bump up. Why because you are in it longer.