Thread: Nervous pilot
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
badtransam97
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default Nervous pilot

Well I've got a strange thing happening lately!! I have roughly 120hrs.TT and am just about finished with my inst. rating. Here lately though it seems I am very nervous about flying without an instructor with me, even with a safetly pilot it is not any better. Flying has never bothered me in the past, since I was raised in and around planes. My dad was a private pilot in fixed wing and helo's and I loved every minute of it, even through my private cert. I just cant seem to quit thinking about the engine making weird noises and quitting or something crazy like that. I know its good to be somewhat cautious, but I think I'm going overboard with it. What really sucks is flying is all I can think about up until I'm actually up there, then when I'm back on the ground, I cant wait to go again....Maybe I'm just off in the head or something? Well if you guys have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Maybe I just dont have enough experience yet? All I know is its frustrating as crap to feel like this about something I cant seem to get my mind off of!!