rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2008
  • Position
    The Far Side
Quote:
Even then, (and I'm not fully sure about the conditions that cause this) you may subsequently get an ATP, but still be limited to commercial privileges on the B-737. It happened to me, and I really don't remember how I corrected it, but on my FAA certificate, it said under type ratings C/B-737. Later, I got it changed to A/ B-737 (but I don't remember what the process was). NOTE: The C/ means commercial priv. and the A/ means ATP priv.

I'm doing some "tall remembering", but I recall that if you pass a type rating / ATP checkride, all commercial type ratings in the same category and class would be upgraded to ATP. Example, you hold a B737 type with commercial priveleges only (whether you have a Commercial or ATP license), then take and pass an A320 type ride (ATP), then your B737 type should be upgraded. The examiner would have to do this, though - don't think OKE city would do so automatically.

If you had a commercial certificate with a B737 type, then subsequently passed an ATP ride, in - say - an Aztec, then I think the B737 type would be upgraded as well (category and class). I'm not as sure. Previous poster's experience would seem to confirm it. Possibly his ATP examiner forgot to make the change.