Thread: DAL vs. NW Pay
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

I believe they are going to update it to reflect the actual max pickup limit at DAL which is the ALV plus 15 hours. In addition swaps have no limits meaning you can swap a 3 day trip for a 6 day trip as long as you are FAR legal.

What I find interesting is that both sides seem to want to claim high monthly hours as a benefit. Nothing could be further from the truth. A cap is the cornerstone of a contract and we need to work to reduce the caps not increase them. I remember flying with a new hire FE when we had a hard cap of 78 hours. He was upset the union was blocking him from flying as much as he wanted like his old airline. I asked him why he would want that. He said to make more money. I pointed out to him that if we dropped the cap his income would be zero since he would be quickly furloughed. Delta went from 10,300 pilots to less then 7000 in 4 years. Part of it was a reduction in the fleet however most of it was because of contractual changes allowing when all is said and done pilots to fly to FAR Limits.