View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Clue32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Spent about 18 hours in Tiblisi Georgia one night and stayed in the Sheraton. We ate at the hotel restuarant, quite nice, then went to the hotel bar where I was served a shot of Russian Vodka that knocked me half way across the room. The bartender told us about a bar underneath the hotel so we wanderd out side around the building an went on in.

Not crowded, but not exactly busy, so we ordered a couple rounds and did a little people watching. There were three "go go dancers" who must have been pulled off the street a couple hours before and shown five dance moves because they did the same in thing over and over.

A friend of the bars owner came over to us eventually. The dude was an American who had come over to Europe as a contractor during the Balkans conflicts and migrated to Georgia. It's been a few years but if I think about some social reject who would order a bride from siberia and escaped from the US with his life savings to live it up as a "rich guy" in a poor country I can remember him fairly clearly. There were several smoking hot women in groups by themselves in the joint and we were about to the point where we were going to try out our American charm when we learned from our new friend that they were either on the job or they were girlfriends of mafia members. Bad choices all around.

All in all an interesting night. The next day an Air Force dude from the embassy came over with his cab driver buddy to show us the town. Five of us stuffed ourselves on really good georgian food in this little run down cantina for about 15 dollars at lunch.