View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM
kerns bbo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: BE9,10,20

I have a lot of great overnights working charter. Some I wont tell to complete strangers on the internet, others are less interesting but still some of the greatest memories of my life.

I have spent time fishing in Canada, skiing up and down the Rockies, hunting in the great plains, and enjoying the night life all over.

One of my worst overnights came a few months after I had a motorcycle racing accident where I dislocated my shoulder. Anyways, it was a the first night into a week long stay in Durango, CO. Another pilot and I had a good time hitting up the local restraunts and bars sampling a lot of local beers before retiring back at the hotel late that night. I woke up around 10am with my arm tucked up behind my head feeling like it had fallen asleep (tingles). I tried to get up only to find that my shoulder was out of joint and I couldnt lower it below my head without causing some serious pain. To end this story in a timely matter I ended up spending the afternoon in the hospital with some doctors that had no idea what they were doing. That put a serious damper on the next couple of days until my shoulder got back to normal.