View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
ChickenFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: CR7 FO

Not hiring right now at all...

There are rumors of hiring into a pool soon with no palpable timeline as to when classes might start. Those who were hired with lower than 500TT/100ME were hired when Eagle was disparate for applicants and was willing to pay for RJ courses and such to get people on property. Right now, I would be willing to say with some confidence that minimums will be much higher when hiring does occur.

My sense is that once hiring does continue (February/March is a VERY optimistic timeframe) that competitive minimums will be more around 1000 with so many regionals furloughing and last year's class of pilots having had a year to fly outside 121. That being said, if Eagle is hiring, chances are that the rest of the industry would be recovering as well so who really knows. I have heard from checkairmen and schoolhouse folks that the RJ program was good but that newhires with no real-world experience (having only ever flown under the 'training' umbrella, $100 hamburgers and such are real-world) had a lot of difficulty with actual line flying.

Hate to burst your bubble but I think about the only airlines hiring are Pinnacle and Mesaba but even those I'm not sure about (but I am sure somebody will correct me ). Cheers.