View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
steak pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: E120 Driver

[quote=Seven Left;474463]I think 2000TT to be competitive is a bit of a grim outlook, though (for regionals).[quote]

This is not the first time in history that regional mins are that high. When I was in flight school, my instructors had 3-5k hrs; those guys were just starting to get picked up by the regionals.

Originally Posted by Seven Left View Post
I just didn't (and still don't) expect to have to flight instruct to the point of getting near 2000 hours to be seriously considered for a job in the right seat. Perhaps I'm optimistic, but I think things will settle down again here real soon. Until then, I'm looking at anything I can do to build time. Thanks again for the input.
To say that things will settle down here soon is more Unrealistic. Whith the economy taking a nose dive and the pric of gas still relativley high, change is further down the road than you might think. 2000 hrs seems like along timeto teach, and it is, but that will onl make you that much more of a better pilot when regionals start hirring again. Not to mention that when that day comes you will that much more competitive.

Sorry to be such a downer. Keep at it, with all the people leaving the industry, I suspect another pilot shortage...when things do pickup.