Thread: Eclipse SIC
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:05 AM
UCLAbruins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: F/O- G-V/550

Originally Posted by cappelation View Post

Claiming that the Eclipse SIC training is "invaluable experience" and worth around $3000... they are thinking of a plan to basically not pay us SICs. I heard that a percentage of each flight would be taken from our pay to "repay" the "valuable SIC checkride". The other option was that we would not be paid at all until the "amount in $ of training was repaid through work". Basically assuming that us CFIs would be so awed at the fact we are getting to sit right seat in a jet that they could justify not paying us to run the 135 operation. Management claiming "this is the way of the industry, always has been and always will be"

That really, REALLY angers me, (when people offer to fly for free or the company knowing that jet experience is valuable to pilots, refuse to pay).

The only thing that bothers me more than companies not paying their pilots, is those stupid "will fly for food" shirts. Seeing someone wear one of those ruins my day.

Guys, we have SO MUCH invested in this crazy industry, NOTHING was given to us for free, most of us are in DEBT up to our necks, please don't do it for free.