View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Eric Stratton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Check Essential View Post
The captains were slotted in with Delta 88 captains.
The FOs were the special case. Its not the captains who are in danger of furlough. They can always bid other equipment when the 9s go away. The FOs might not get that option.
That's why DALPA is trying so hard to protect the bottom 10% of our list. It would be fundamentally unfair to furlough Delta pilots because a bunch of NWA airplanes suddenly get retired.
If that's the new deltas plan is to park the 9's without replacement shouldn't delta pilots feel the brunt as well because nwa's plan wasn't to park them all. It sounds like with the merger it's new delta that wants to park them.

Has management given a reason as to why they want to park the 9? Under capcity, over lap, too expensive? The reason that I ask is, if the new management thought it best to retire the md88's instead of the 9 I don't think it would be right to furlough only delta's pilots for the parking of their airplane. It's a part of the new airline's plan and not either of the original airlines plan.

On a side note if any airplane can be replace by something at a regional then I think a furlough should start from the top down for not tightening scope under the combined contract.