View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 02:41 PM
PilotFrog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
To date, some of the best nights of my life were spent having drinks with my military buds. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Being stuck in Korea for a remote tour was supposed to be rough, but instead, it was the biggest and longest party of my life. Having an apartment above 2 bars and having over 100 bars located a couple of blocks away was a dream come true. I can't believe my liver survived. The highlights include ...
  • Evading the Military Police (MP) during curfew hours
  • Scaling a 4-story building so I could remove the French flag atop the Korea Hotel
  • Arrogon Sue (enough said)
  • Calling in air strkes made of "snaps" and bottle rockets on the MPs (they deserved it)
  • Warning military personell from my balcony (some would say yelling) who were stuck outside the military gate past curfew, giving them advice on where to hide and where the MPs were
  • Secret trips to the glass house
  • Almost burning down all of Songtan City with a turkey fryer (editors note, I was in the US at the time)
  • The Pink Flamingo in Manilla
  • Figuring out that as an O-3 I didn't have enough money for the russians at the UN club
  • Learning that philipino girls love McDonald's and they'll come to your apartment after curfew for a Happy Meal
  • Trying to convince my landlord that the antibiotics I ordered in her pharmacy weren't for me ... but "for a friend of mine"
  • Arguing over whether shots of Bicardi are legal in a game of 7-14-21 ... waking up the next morning on the bathroom floor of my apartment and realizing that I lost that argument!
Ok, so maybe we got a little crazy. I had my fun and now its time for some young buck to take my place and have his.

-Fatty
There was NO alchool tied to the burning down of Songton City. We hadn't started yet!