View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

is this the same tony that was a sapa rep? if it is then the very people he defended have let him down. i know he didn't want alpa at skywest but maybe alpa would have been the one to help him keep his job. that is very sad and tony i wish you the best.

as far as the up and out policy i think it is ridiculous. if you want to be a life fo then thats your decision. we have several retired airforce guys that have been here for 15 years plus and they are fos at pinnacle. they are strictly here for the travel and medical benefits. they all get weekends off, they all get 20 plus days off. if they were on the captain side there wouldn't be much competition, but there would be some. i have been at pinnacle for nearly 3 years now. if i were to upgrade now i would be sitting airport ready reserve and home reserve for the forseeable future. i like my qol now and until i can at least hold i line i don't plan on upgrading. and also at pinnacle if you fail upgrade you go back to the right seat, no harm no foul. you get 2 attempts at upgrade per the contract. it is companies discretion after that.

and p.s. i have flown with captains who have only been here a year. yet when we fly together they are still the captain and i am still the fo, no matter how long we have been here.

Last edited by Airsupport; 10-24-2008 at 05:45 PM.