View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Carl,

I don't normally get involved with the seniority list arbitration discussions but I have to comment here on what you feel is an extreme proposal.

According to your MEC's DOH proposal, that would give NW 1470 of the top 1877 positions on the combined seniority list. I got these numbers from the seniority lists dated May 2008 for NW and Aug 2008 for DAL. These numbers include only those with a DOH thru Dec 31 1985. Talk about extreme!!!!!
Yes - on the surface that does look extreme. But the proposed 10 year fence that goes along with that means that none of those 1470 positions given to NWA will be useable by any NWA pilot at the expense of any DAL pilot. Why? Because every one of those 1470 NWA pilots will be gone by then...me included.

I know you have said you feel DOH would not be fair to the Delta pilots, but your MEC does not agree with you!!
Actually, they do agree with me. I have said that DOH would be unfair to DAL pilots without big (and I mean REALLY big fences). A 10 year fence is what I would have contemplated, in that the inequities of our proposal at the top are rendered meaningless as a result of the fence and the age of our guys at the top.

Denny

I echo the rest of your comments, only from the other side of the coin!!!!
It doesn't surprise me that you would take the other side. But tell me: where does the DAL fence proposal mitigate the huge inequities at the top of the list, the middle of the list, and especially the 402 NWA pilots that occupy the bottom of the list?

Carl