View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 AM
NWA320pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 737 Capt

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Yes, and RA will not even hint at doing any hiring or whatnot until after DCC.

Yes, we are looking at 2010 for the departure of the 744 and DC-9's. This is part of DAL's fleet plan assuming the merger is completed. They are giving us the answers here in Georgia and that is why there needs to be protection for the bottom of the list. I know you do not like it, but as of today these are the facts.
I do not believe the 744 will be gone by 2010. I am attending 744 school now and our class had over an hours worth of Q&A with the fleet manager on the 744 fleet and its direction, and we were informed there is no plan to retire the aircraft. DAL does not have an aircraft that can carry the load of the 744. The merger will allow for repositioning of the aircraft to other routes that need the capacity and lift. There is no talk of adding 744 airframes but also no reduction planned. There is planning for an additional 40 hrs per day of 744 flying which will equate into an additional 18+ crews to staff the aircraft. Also the training department is planning on over 200 training events for the 744 in 2009.