View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:49 PM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
FYI, there is a street Capt. hired only 6 months ago for the Beech. He just finished IOE for his transition to Capt. for the SAAB. What about all of the qualified Saab FO's with a higher seniorty number. They tell us that everything is seniority based. (upgrade, line bids, vacation, etc) Yeah Right. I have been qualified for upgrade for 7 months. Why is he permitted to jump ahead? The Beech's ARE STILL FLYING! Same Crap, different day!
Yeah, same here, I'm a relatively senior FO with the time requirements. When I called to ask about upgrades, they STRESSED that it's based on seniority. yeah, that's fine and I'm totally for that. seriously, who are they trying to BS?
It's a screwed up situation, and if we were working for any decent airline with a contract this kind of thing wouldn't happen, or at least we would get bypass pay. Speaking of bypass pay, I heard that there is a senior FO who's got the times, and apparently, the company told him that since these beech street capts are transitioning to the saab ahead of him, they will give him captain's pay if they don't put him in the next upgrade class or so. I was and still am skeptical, after all this is COLGAN we're talking about here. But the FO himself has told a couple of people about it. If it is indeed true, I'm sure the company would keep it under wraps so they wouldn't have to pay all the other senior/qualified FOs as well.