View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 07:35 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Airsupport View Post
come on rickair, NO company fires people lightly, not even good ole pinchanickle. the lawsuit ramifications are to much of a liability. what people are suprised at is that SKYW, which is supposedly pilot friendly, would actually have a policy like that. upgrade is stressfull enough. now throw on top of that the threat of being fired if you don't pass and now you have a mess. sure lots of people pass. but i am sure people have failed that had a good attitude. if you dont think so you are kidding yourself. i know a couple of guys here with great attitudes that went in for upgrade and didn't pass. luckily for them they went back to the right seat for a year, studied some more, went back and are now captains here.
I have said repeatedly that I am opposed to the policy. It is one of the negatives at SKW.

If TW had outside factors, they might not have been with "the company"...it's a big place and there are factions.

But I think he said in a previous post that there were no outside forces...he would know better than anyone.